Gallery Players is seeking directors for our upcoming AEA showcase (approval pending) productions of Cabaret, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Little Women, Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike, Pipeline, and The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.
AEA showcase; there is no salary – small honorarium provided. All rehearsals and performances take place at Gallery Players: 199 14th St. Brooklyn, NY 11215 (Park Slope).
Rehearsals take place during the evenings and weekends. The schedule for each show is as follows:
- Cabaret, music by John Kander, lyrics by Fred Ebb, book by Joe Masteroff: rehearsals begin Aug. 3, 2019, performances Sept. 7-29, 2019
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams: rehearsals begin Sept. 28, 2019, performances Oct. 26-Nov.10, 2019
- Little Women, music by Jason Howland, lyrics by Mindi Dickstein, book by Allan Knee: rehearsals begin Nov. 1, 2019, performances Dec. 6-22, 2019
- Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike by Christopher Durang: rehearsals begin Jan. 25, 2020, performances Feb. 22-Mar. 8, 2020
- Pipeline by Dominique Morisseau: rehearsals begin Mar. 7, 2020, performances Apr. 4-Apr. 19, 2020
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, music and lyrics by William Finn, book by Rachel Sheinkin, conceived by Rebecca Feldman: rehearsals begin Apr. 11, 2020, performances May 16-June 7, 2020
Seeking experienced, well-organized individuals with a professional attitude who will work with the producer, collaborate with actors and stage manager, and work closely with designers. Responsibilities include audition actors for roles, block and stage the play, rehearse under AEA showcase rules, lead team including actors and stage manager, problem solve, be able to meet deadlines and work under Gallery’s production guidelines. The right individuals will possess a successful record of directing, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize, and will be creative thinkers with excellent people skills.
To be considered for these positions please e-mail your resume, an informative cover letter and two professional references that we can call to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the email which show(s) you are interested in directing. Interviews will be held Saturday, June 22 (6-9pm) and Monday, June 24 (7-10pm). Please indicate your availability during those time slots; if you are selected for an interview you will receive an email offering you an appointment slot.