The Gallery Players in Park Slope is holding auditions for its upcoming AEA showcase production (approval pending) of APPOINTMENT WITH DEATH by Agatha Christie (December 1 – 16). Producers, Marty Goldin and Rhiannon McClintock; Director, Dominic Cuskern.
APPOINTMENT WITH DEATH is Agatha Christie’s most surprising adaptation from page to stage. The mystery features a group of travelers who find themselves thrown together on an expedition. This chilling play offers a unique take on the classic murder mystery, where characters’ motivations are suspect and relationships may not be what they seem.
Performances run December 1st – 16th (Thursday – Saturday nights, and Saturday and Sunday matinees). Rehearsals start Saturday, October 27th and take place evenings and weekends. All auditions, rehearsals, and performances will take place at the Gallery Players, 199 14th Street, Brooklyn. Equity/Non-Equity. No pay. We encourage all ethnicities and races to attend as this play calls for a multi-cultural cast. Please note, the role of Mrs. Boynton is cast.
- Ginevra Boynton, daughter of Mrs. Boynton, pretty, 19
- Nadine Boynton, daughter-in-law, quiet, 28
- Lennox Boynton, Mrs. Boynton’s elder son and Nadine’s husband
- Raymond Boynton, good-looking, mid-20s
(The Boyntons are American)
- Italian Woman, glamorous
- Alderman Higgs, portly, middle-aged, with a broad Lancashire accent
- Lady Westholme, important-looking woman, very British, 40s+
- Miss Pryce, typical spinster, 30s+
- Dr. Gerard, good-looking, middle-aged Frenchman
- Dragoman, 35-60, Middle Eastern
- Jefferson Cope, 45, pleasant, regular American
- Sarah King, attractive, decided-looking, English woman, mid-20s
- Colonel Carberry, middle-aged Englishman, hunting and fishing type with a touch of shrewdness
- Hotel Clerk
- Arab Boy
Callbacks will take place in the evening on Wednesday, October 17 and Thursday, October 18. Callback sides: