” Words can’t express what I feel right now. What a special two nights I just had. Sitting with friends and strangers and watching 2 hours of my work in a theater full of love and support for my writing. This whole process has been not only fun but important because I learned so much from seeing Ocean Planet staged and realized. What a special memory. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for believing in me and producing this weekend of my plays.” Brett Epstein, playwright
Submission Guidelines 2017
The Gallery Players in Park Slope, Brooklyn, New York, is seeking plays for its 20th Annual Black Box New Play Festival to be held in June, 2017. Each play selected will be given a black box production at Gallery Players and will be performed in a festival format with non-equity actors. Playwrights must be available for rehearsals and use this as an opportunity to continue work on their play.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: DECEMBER 31, 2016
- Plays must be un-produced (readings are ok); must be the play’s world premier
- Length may be from 10 minutes to 30 minutes. No monologues.
- Pages must be numbered
- A cover page with Title of the play and playwrights contact information is required, along with a plot synopsis of the play and a character breakdown
- Submit a copy of your resume
- Playwrights may not direct their own work
- Send two copies of your play, along with your resume, to:
The Gallery Players
Black Box New Play Festival
199 14th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215.
We will only contact you if your play has been accepted into the Festival. If you want confirmation that your mailing was received by us, please include a self-addressed stamped return postcard.
We do not accept email submissions.
We do not return scripts. Any scripts not chosen for the Festival will be destroyed to protect the copyright.